"Here you go. Methodology, if it could be called that, is a mixture of how many times a post or series of posts was “hit” and a little common sense. That last part means we won’t count Ms. Canada’s outfit in the Ms. Universe contest. We did consider the results of the poll from last month on the biggest story (a poll that didn’t include the Supreme Court cases from the 2010 Term, incidentally). Last year’s top ten list is here.
1. Tribal membership disenrollments (including the Cherokee Freedmen)
2. United States v. Jicarilla Apache Nation
3. Cobell v. Salazar settlement appeal
4. Salazar/Gun Lake Band v. Patchak
5. Muscogee Criminal Prosecution Authority in Fife v. Moore
6. Chickasaw Nation v. NLRB
7. Ramah Navajo Chapter v. Salazar/Arctic Slope Native Assn. v. Sebelius
8. United States v. Tohono O’odham Nation
9. Amerind Insurance v. Malaterre
10. Violence against American Indian women."
Get the Story:
2011 Top Ten Indian Law Stories
(Turtle Talk 1/3)
Join the Conversation