Native teen, 14, dies after sniffing propane in Saskatchewan
A 14-year-old Native girl died after sniffing propane on a reserve in Saskatchewan.

The girl and a group of teens were seen huddling around the propane take near the tribal office. She reportedly collapsed and died at the scene.

Elder Rene Jobb, a security guard on the reserve, said he's seen a rise in similar incidents. Another girl recently burned her face after sniffing propane.

"We don't need to hide it," Jobb told CBC News. "We are the people that are suffering and I guess the government needs to hear those things."

The incident took place on the Southend reserve, which is part of the Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation.

Get the Story:
Sask. reserve grapples with propane abuse (CBC 5/17)