Crow Creek Sioux Tribe starts wind energy business
The Crow Creek Sioux Tribe of South Dakota and a partner have created a company to develop a wind farm, the Associated Press reports.

The tribe will own 80 percent of Sioux Wind. The remaining 20 percent is owned by Dalton Creations of Texas.

Dalton is raising $15 million to launch the project. The wind farm would be located on or near the reservation.

“A new day is dawning on the Crow Creek reservation,” said Christine Obago, a director of Sioux Wind, according to the AP. “We are launching the largest and most well-financed tribally owned wind energy company in the United States.”

Get the Story:
Crow Creek Sioux Tribe announces wind farm project (AP 5/19)