indianz.com your internet resource indianz.com on facebook indianz.com on twitter indianz.com on Google+ indianz.com on soundcloud
phone: 202 630 8439
Dynamic Homes
Advertise on Indianz.Com
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Free for All
 Mohawk seed keeper Terrylynn Brant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Tweet
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moot
Elder

USA
2340 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  07:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think if I had life to live all over again, I'd of been a farmer, or agriculturist. or gardener.
It's so satisfying, and so powerful to grow your own food.

Mohawk seed keeper Terrylynn Brant aims to help next generation grow traditional foods
'Everything in our being is about agriculture ... agriculture’s in our blood'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/terrylynn-brant-mohawk-seed-keeper-1.4171306

Growing her own food is in Terrylynn Brant's blood.

"Everything in our being is about agriculture," Brant said, standing in one of her six gardens in Ohsweken, Ont., where she is growing plants to collect their seeds.

"There's so many foods that we have and enjoy that make us strong emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually, that we couldn't continue to exist as Haudenosaunee people if we didn't continue to eat the foods of our ancestors."

She said the Haudenosaunee people "are an agricultural society" and she grew up with family that grew their own food.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Indianz.Com © Indianz.Com Go To Top Of Page