indianz.com your internet resource indianz.com on facebook indianz.com on twitter indianz.com on Google+ indianz.com on soundcloud
phone: 202 630 8439
Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP
Advertise on Indianz.Com
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Free for All
 Activist Tara Houska
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Tweet
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moot
Elder

USA
2340 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  8:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought this was interesting>>>She also served as an adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) during his presidential campaign.

Activist Tara Houska lands on cover for magazine's 'New Icons' issue
Monday, May 15, 2017

https://www.indianz.com/News/2017/05/15/activist-tara-houska-lands-on-cover-for.asp

Tara Houska speaks at a #NoDAPL rally at the White House in Washington, D.C. on September 13, 2016. Photo by Indianz.Com / More on Flickr

A prominent defender of Native rights is among a group of iconic women being lauded for their achievements in the latest issue of Outside Magazine.

Tara Houska, an attorney and activist from the Couchiching First Nation, has been at the forefront of the battles against racist mascots and the Dakota Access Pipeline. She also served as an adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) during his presidential campaign.

“How you judge your most vulnerable citizens is how we should all be judged,” Houska tells the magazine for its issue on The New Icons. “We have to hold ourselves accountable, and we cannot allow anyone to be oppressed and forgotten.”

Houska serves as the national campaigns director for the Honor the Earth non-profit.

HomeGrown
Elder

USA
11588 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  10:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit HomeGrown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we luv Tara! <3 <3 <3 <3
Go to Top of Page

MikeBear
Dissident

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2017 :  8:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone needs as much help as we can get these days! I wish her good luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Indianz.Com © Indianz.Com Go To Top Of Page