indianz.com your internet resource indianz.com on facebook indianz.com on twitter indianz.com on Google+ indianz.com on soundcloud
phone: 202 630 8439
Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP
Advertise on Indianz.Com
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Free for All
 Friday the 13th
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Tweet
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SneakySnake
Elder

USA
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2017 :  12:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Friday the thirteenth ya'll. Hope all are fine and dandy or just fine or dandy.

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

MikeBear
Dissident

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2017 :  1:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, in the past this day has not been kind to me. Four years ago on Jan 13th Friday I went to local ER for what I thought was odd asthma attack coupled with chest cold that my Inhaler was not helping.
Turned out I was having a heart attack. Had one before and this was not same. Found out I was just in early state of it when got hostial and it got much worst pretty fast after got there.
They gave Morphine IV which I thought was some strong medince that was a cure to all pain. It ain't!!! Best thing was when they put some Nitro Paste on my chest. It was way better than tablets under the tongue or that IV pain med.
Well to cut long story short had another MI before they did balloon to heart arteries. They done that balloon and decided worst than they thought. They transfered me to city for surgery. Had MI in ambulance on way over. Went from ER to surgery when got there.
Woke up in worst pain than all days piror. Surgeon said having coronary artery plaque storm from ballooning and surgery that bits of that plaque was broken loose in cornary arteies was causing pain.
Don't know what that doctor that put me to sleep for surgery gave me then but he came in recovery area gave me something and I was out before he finshed talking.
When woke up I was feeling great compared to before.
After in hospital about 2 weeks they said I was to be transfered to some place for heart rehab. I declined I wanted to go home.
I was worn out just getting from room in wheelchair to van but got home to get some real sleep and rest that hadn't had in hospitals.
So, no I not only don't like Jan 13th, even if it ain't on a Fri!
Go to Top of Page

Moot
Elder

USA
2340 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  7:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has been a great year for me. My health could be better, but my almost 50 yr old son had major heart surgery, and made it through it all,so you can imagine how grateful I am. He had an aortic valve replaced, an an aneurysm fixed, and a pacemaker put in- 13 days in ICU in the Metroplex. Thank God for him being ex-Air Force, serving as Civil Service, and good insurance.
Glad you made it through, MikeBear!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Indianz.Com © Indianz.Com Go To Top Of Page