Death of Puyallup man in smokehouse an accident
The death of a member of the Puyallup Tribe of Washington in a traditional smokehouse has been ruled an accident.

Romain James was 29, not 28 as earlier reported. He died on Tuesday night while participating in a ceremony at a smokehouse on the Swinomish Reservation.

A toxicology report is due in four weeks but the county medical examiner said the cause of his death was
hyperthermia, or overheating of the body.

Get the Story:
Smokehouse death ruled accidental (The Seattle Times 2/19)

Related Stories:
Swinomish man dies during ceremony in longhouse (2/18)