* H.R. 673: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to take lands in Yuma County, Arizona, into trust as part of the reservation of the Cocopah Indian Tribe, and for other purposes.The markup takes place at 11am in Room 1324 of the Longworth House Office Building. It will be broadcast online at http://resourcescommittee.house.gov. Committee Notice:
* H.R. 1696: To amend the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo and Alabama and Coushatta Indian Tribes of Texas Restoration Act to allow the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo tribe to determine blood quantum requirement for membership in that Tribe.
* H.R. 2120: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to proclaim as reservation for the benefit of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians a parcel of land now held in trust by the United States for that Indian tribe.
* H.R. 2863: To authorize the Coquille Indian Tribe of the State of Oregon to convey land and interests in land owned by the Tribe.
* H.R. 2952: To authorize the Saginow Chippewa Tribe of Indians of the State of Michigan to convey land and interests in land owned by the Tribe.
* S. 375: A bill to waive application of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act to a specific parcel of real property transferred by the United States to 2 Indian tribes in the State of Oregon, and for other purposes.
Full Committee Markup (July 18, 2007) Relevant Links:
House Resources Committee - http://resourcescommittee.house.gov Related Stories:
Three Oregon tribes push for land measures (7/12)
House Natural Resources Committee hearing (7/11)
House Resources hearing on four Indian bills (7/9)
House Natural Resources Committee hearing (6/13)
House Natural Resources Committee hearing (6/11)
House Resources markup: IHCIA, recognition (4/25)
Lumbee Tribe presses for federal recognition (4/19)
Virginia tribes make case for recognition bill (4/19)
House hearing on Lumbee, Virginia recognition (4/2)
Indian health care push heads to House (03/19)
Indian Health Care Act introduced in House (3/7)
Hearings on Indian Health Care Improvement Act (3/5)
Democrats promise action at USET conference (2/14)
Bill to recognize Lumbee Tribe introduced again (01/08)
Lumbee Tribe faces recognition battle again in 2007 (12/19)
Rahall outlines Indian agenda for 110th Congress (12/11)
Virginia tribe optimistic on recognition in 2007 (12/06)